Bench Dedication Program – City of Lloydminster
Costs associated with the Bench Dedication Program vary by park and available bench styles.
A notice may be sent to the donor at the end of the dedication period to determine if the donor wishes the plaque
income. The Donor is responsible for informing the City of any change of address so that such contact can be established.
- City of Lloydminster
Parks and green spaces
6623 52 Street
Lloydminster, AB T9V 3T8
If a bench is damaged, disfigured or destroyed to such an extent that, in the opinion of the administration, a replacement is necessary, this will be done at no cost to the donor.
In the event of recurring vandalism, the City reserves the right to move a bench or a plaque, in the event that such a move proves necessary (i.
maintenance upgrades, etc.). The City will attempt to contact the donor for consultation before moving the bench.
Each request is unique and installation times may vary. Requests for new benches will require additional processing time. Please contact the Parks and Green Spaces department for more details on installation times specific to your request.
Typically, bench and plate installations will only take place between May and October. Benches and plates are installed in the order in which requests are received. The City may not be able to install the plaque during the first May to October period after an application is approved due to constraints such as labor capacity and weather.
What type of regular maintenance is carried out for the signing benches?
Bench maintenance includes:
- Inspection, repair/refurbishment and/or replacement of bench materials as needed
- Repair, refurbishment and/or replacement of the dedication plaque as needed
- Repair and refurbishment resulting from acts of vandalism, as required
Bench maintenance does not include:
- Site maintenance such as snow removal, lawn maintenance and upkeep of the entire park/green space
- Bench cleaning to remove surrounding dust, dirt or debris
- Any additional coloring to modify, darken or enrich the color or tint of the coating
Donors can report these incidents to the City by calling the Parks and Green Spaces Department.