City of Statesboro Housing Rehabilitation Program, application deadline June 23
The City of Statesboro recently launched its Housing Rehabilitation Program, created with funds from the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA). The program is aimed at low-income homeowners who occupy substandard housing and wish to be considered for rehabilitation assistance.
The City of Statesboro received $12,306,220.00 in ARPA funds in 2021 from the U.S. Department of the Treasury, and the Statesboro City Council approved the allocation of $5,000,000.00 of those funds to be used to provide relief rehabilitation or replacement housing for low-income homeowner households in the city. .
Applications are open now and the application deadline is June 23, 2022. Applicants must meet certain criteria to be considered for the program. See criteria and application below.
1. The income of the occupying household must be equal to or less than:
|Number of occupants in the household||Income limit|
2. Eligible properties must be owner-occupied, not investor-occupied.
3. All households served must occupy housing with structural deficiencies. This program is designed to meet housing needs, not minor structural aesthetic improvements. The maximum limit for rehabilitation costs is $50,000.
4. All units must be located within the city limits of Statesboro.
5. Manufactured homes must have been converted to real estate if owned and occupied by the owner prior to selection.
6. Applicants selected for the program will be required to sign a promissory note for loan assistance, which will be secured by a deed of trust on the property for the term of the note.
Landlord-Request-housing rehab statesboro
Anyone with questions should contact the City of Statesboro Planning and Development Department at 912-764-0630 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.