Colorado Springs Area Literary Events Starting Jan 9 | Calendar events
Colorado Cowboys Poetry Gathering – Saturday-Jan 16, The American Mountaineering Center, 710 10th St., Golden, check prices online: coloradocowboygathering.com.
“The party dolls” by Colorado Springs author George Hayward won the Non-Fictional Military History category at the BIBA, the annual awards for best independent books.
Children’s Literacy Center – 719 471-8672, children literacycenter.org.
Digital hoop – Pikes Peak Library District customers can use Hoopla Digital to access free videos, music and audiobooks from smartphones, tablets, PCs and Apple TV; hoopladigital.com.
EBooks and more – Free e-books, e-audiobooks, e-magazines with the PPLD library card. Click CyberShelf at ppld.org.
LIST OF LIBRARIES
Pikes Peak Library District: ppld.org.
• Calhan, 600 Bank Street.
• Cheyenne Mountain, 1785 S. 8th St.
• East 5550 N. Union Blvd.
• Fontaine, 230 S. Main St.
• High Prairie, 7035 Old Meridian Road, Falcon
• Library 21c, 1175 Chapel Hills Drive
• Manitou Springs, in the Manitou Art Center, 515 Manitou Ave.
• Monuments Library, 1706 Lake Woodmoor Drive
• Old Colorado City, 2418 W. Pikes Peak Ave.
• Palmer Lake, 66 Lower Glenway
• Penrose, 20 avenue N. Cascade.
• Rockrimmon, 832 Village Center Drive
• Ruth Holley, 685 N. Murray Blvd.
• Sand Creek, 1821 S. Academy Blvd.
• Ute Pass, 8010 Severy Ave., Cascade
CARLOTTA OLSON, THE GAZETTE