Colorado Springs Area Literary Events Starting September 18 | Events calendars
Author conference and book signing – With BJ Bowen, “Music is Murder,” 1-3 p.m. Saturday, Hooked on Books, 12 E. Bijou St.; 719-419-7660.
All Pikes Peak Reads 2022 Young Adult Pick Author Tour — With Neal Shusterman, author of “Scythe,” 6-7:45 p.m. Thursday, 21c Library, 1175 Chapel Hills Drive. Registration: ppld.org/appr.
Author Anthony Doerr – 6:30 p.m. September 27, Boulder Theater, Boulder, $20. Tickets: axs.com.
HOT COMES OFF THE PRESS
Recent offers from regional authors:
• “The gold of the white sands” by Mike Torreano. Published by La Rose Sauvage. Plot: Set in New Mexico Territory in 1890, the book is a twisted tale of legendary gold, budding romance, family betrayal, and loyalty to an age-old oath to protect a mysterious religious relic . Take a trip to the Wild West and meet Twill, Lottie and Ma.
Children’s Literacy Center — 719-471-8672, children Literacycenter.org.
E-books and more — Free e-books, e-audiobooks, e-magazines with PPLD library card. Click CyberShelf at ppld.org.
Pikes Peak Library District: ppld.org.
• 21c, 1175 Chapel Hills Drive
• Calhan, 600 Bank Street.
• Cheyenne Mountain, 1785 S. 8th St.
• East, 5550 N. Union Blvd.
• Fountain, 230 S. Main St.
• High Prairie, 7035 Old Meridian Road, Falcon
• Manitou Springs, 515 Manitou Ave.
• Monument, 1706 Lake Woodmoor Drive
• Old Colorado City, 2418 W. Pikes Peak Ave.
• Palmer Lake, 66 Lower Glenway
• Penrose, 20 N. Cascade Ave.
• Rockrimmon, 832 Village Center Drive
• Ruth Holley, 685 N. Murray Blvd.
• Sand Creek, 1821 S. Academy Blvd.
• Ute Pass, 8010 Severy Ave, Cascade
CARLOTTA OLSON, THE GAZETTE