Escambia County Launches Emergency Mortgage Relief Program July 20 : NorthEscambia.com
Escambia County will launch the Emergency Mortgage Assistance Program on Wednesday, July 20.
The program is designed to provide assistance to homeowners who are struggling to pay their mortgage or utilities due to COVID-19. Funded through the Community Development Block Grants Corona Virus Emergency Mortgage Relief Program, eligible households can receive assistance for up to three months of costs, or $8,000.
Emergency mortgage assistance may be provided to eligible Escambia County residents and families under the following conditions:
- The property must not be put up for sale
- The household must have been financially impacted by COVID-19
- Owner must have homestead exemption
- The property must be located in Escambia County outside the Pensacola city limits
- The household must not have benefited from additional mortgage assistance
Payments will be made directly to credit institutions and utility companies. In order to apply for the program, residents must provide documentation to determine eligibility, including qualifying COVID-19 impact or financial hardship; proof of identity for the applicant/co-applicant and all household members over the age of 18; and current proof of income for all household members. Households will be able to apply for mortgage assistance from Wednesday 20 July.
Citizens can use the following public library computers to complete their request:
- Century Branch Library – 7991 N. Century Blvd., Century
- Molino Branch Library – 6450-A Hwy. 95A, Molino
- Tryon Branch Library – 1200 Langley Ave., Pensacola
- Genealogy Branch Library – 5740 N. Ninth Ave., Pensacola
- Pensacola Library – 239 N. Spring St., Pensacola
- Southwest Branch Library – 12248 Gulf Beach Highway, Pensacola
- Westside Branch Library – 1301 W. Gregory St., Pensacola
Once the portal opens on July 20, a call center will be available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (850) 595-0022. For more information, email EMAP@MyEscambia.com.