Google Podcast Creator Program 2022 ($15,000 stipend)
Deadline: April 25, 2022
Applications are open for the Google Podcast Creator Accelerator Program 2022. The Google Podcast Creator Program is a free, multi-week podcast accelerator program that provides independent podcasters around the world with the creative development and business strategies their podcasts need to go to the next level.
From June to December 2022, PRX will select and lead 6 teams through a rigorous training program – starting with intensive in-person training, 16 weeks of training and mentorship, four weeks of independent treatment, and a final in-person celebration.
Selected teams will receive
- 20 weeks of podcast training focused on concept development, audience growth and long-term sustainability, which will be complemented by in-person gatherings
- Access to a network of industry experts, mentors, program alumni and guest speakers
- Individual mentoring and feedback on all aspects of their production
- $15,000 allowance to offset production and operating expenses
- Reimbursement of travel expenses, if applicable
- Applicants who have already been producing media and podcasts for at least 3 years. Specifically, creators looking to take a current podcast beyond creative development and business strategy;
- Must be able to demonstrate success and enthusiasm with current or past podcasts, either through audience retention and growth, conceptual rigor, diversification of podcast offerings, revenue and/or partnerships;
- Must be willing to suspend production during the program;
- Represent a range of geographies, backgrounds, viewpoints, voices and styles;
- Teams with basic technical and editorial skills;
- Are interested in making their podcast sustainable through teamwork, openness to iteration and change, and continued revenue and audience growth.
If you prefer to work on your app offline with your team, they have provided a plain text version of the app in Google Docs, which you can copy. Keep in mind that you will still need to submit your application through the submit form.
For more information, visit GPCP.