International Monetary Fund (IMF) Youth Fellowship Program 2022
Deadline: August 21, 2022
Applications are open for the International Monetary Fund (IMF) Youth Fellowship Program 2022. The IMF Youth Fellowship Program offers young participants the opportunity to be part of the global efforts to better build and join the IMF at the forefront of the response to global economic challenges.
Participants will have virtual access to the IMF Annual Meetings and participate in virtual training facilitated by IMF experts and development professionals to enhance their knowledge and communication skills and share their views on the current economic environment, focusing on inclusive growth, food insecurity, inflation, and climate change while building a better future for young people.
- A unique and rewarding opportunity for young professionals to meet scholars, activists, leaders and experts while creating lasting connections with other young scholars around the world.
- Participated in workshops and discussions with senior IMF staff on current global economic issues, including inclusive growth, food insecurity, and climate change.
- Virtual access to Annual Meeting seminars and events.
- Be part of the IMF Youth Network to connect with IMF alumni and stay informed about future opportunities, events, and publications.
The candidate must:
- Be between 20 and 35 years old;
- Have demonstrated experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Social activism and/or engagement with a civil society organization
- Undertake and/or participate in a start-up
- Content creation and/or contribution to independent platforms
- Have knowledge and expertise in international studies, basic economics and development issues, particularly on inclusive economic growth, food security, inflation and climate change;
- Be students or graduates in the field of international relations, development, communications, journalism, economics or related fields;
- Have basic knowledge of English (for the training program and the coverage of the Annual Meetings).
Phase I: The scholarship program will be open to everyone through the application form.
- August 22 – Beginning of the committee selection process
- Week of September 12 – Announcement of shortlisted participants
Phase II: Selected participants will join a capacity building program during the Annual Meetings.
- October 10 and 11 – Workshops on current global economic issues focusing on inclusive growth, food insecurity and climate change and communication skills sessions
- Attendance at Annual Meetings seminars and events is encouraged to gain a broader understanding and knowledge of current economic issues facing the world
- October 13 – Group presentations on selected topics
For more information, visit IMF Youth Fellowship.