LG announces the first 50 participants in its LG Nova program – TechCrunch
LG Innovation Center — LG Nova among friends — announced today that it has selected the top 50 companies for its global Mission for the Future competition. From 1,300 applicants, the company selected its first cohort to begin creating opportunities with startups. Nova itself is a counterpoint to profit-driven venture capital firms, and instead focuses on capabilities to collaborate with the LG conglomerate across the board, in a few key verticals: Metaverse, Connected Healthcare , smart homes, electric vehicles (EVs) and the wonderfully fuzzy name technology for good.
The first official “First 50” group represents innovations “in industries that will have the most immediate impact on society, now and in the future”, as LG describes it.
“These companies represent the apex of the diverse pool of innovative ideas and businesses that have applied to our Mission for the Future challenge to address the challenges facing our community. In these companies, we see great potential opportunities to explore transformative change that will take our commitment to innovation for a better life to the next phase,” said LG Nova Director Dr. Sokwoo Rhee, Senior Vice President for innovation at LG Electronics. “Our work with these companies will be guided by our role as a leading global innovator in next-generation products, technologies and services, as we help them accelerate their growth and positively impact the world.”
I spoke with Dr. Rhee in detail earlier this year, to understand how startups can work with LG Nova:
Here’s the full list of companies that made the cut:
- AcceXible – Platform for early detection and monitoring of mental disorders through speech analysis.
- Attune Neurosciences – Improve human health and performance with clinically proven, non-invasive neurostimulation products.
- CurieAi, Inc. – Technology-enabled virtual respiratory care provider that easily removes the unknown and unmanageable from respiratory disease and puts patients back in control.
- LifeNome – Award-winning precision health (personalized biology) enterprise platform powered by genomics and AI.
- MayaMD – Human-AI conversational digital health assistant.
- medZERO – Employer-sponsored, buy now, pay later, a financial wellness platform that gives employees a smarter way to pay for their healthcare.
- Mindset Medical – Provides a portfolio of proprietary virtual technologies that advance the full continuum of patient care.
- WeLogic Telehealth – Connective health technology providing in-home solutions for wellness, acute care and smart lifestyle services at the point of need.
- PyrAmes – Improves health and well-being through continuous, noninvasive monitoring of blood pressure and other vital signs.
- Selfit – Digital robotic care focused on aging population, physical and cognitive health.
- Somatix, Inc. – Wearable remote patient monitoring technology powered by artificial intelligence.
- TRIPP, Inc. – XR Wellness Platform pioneering innovative health and wellness technologies that deepen connection to self through fully immersive alternate realities.
- XRHealth Virtual Clinic – Integrates VR/AR, licensed clinicians and real-time data analysis
- Zeit Medical – AI-powered detection technology for immediate stroke detection at home.
- Bigthinx – Artificial intelligence technology focused on fashion retail, wellness and the metaverse with products for body scanning, digital avatars and virtual fashion.
- BrandXR – No-code AR platform and award-winning XR creator studio.
- ByondXR – Delivers fast, scalable 3D virtual retail experiences in line with the latest metaverse technologies.
- echo3D – Cloud platform for 3D/AR/VR that provides tools and network infrastructure to help quickly build and deploy 3D/metaverse apps, games and content.
- EKTO VR – Transforms workforce training by simulating the world’s most complex and dangerous environments with wearable technology.
- HEXA – Unique immersive operating system with 3D technology stack to create, manage, view and analyze 3D projects.
- I3M – Provides “experience as a service” for brands to rapidly create and deploy hyper-realistic interactive and immersive metaverse experiences that exponentially increase user engagement and revenue.
- iQ3Connect – Provides a no-code platform for businesses to build, deliver, and consume complex 3D enterprise applications in the metaverse in a web browser on any AR, VR, or 2D device.
- Kabuni – The Metaverse Educational Platform aims to provide the safest place in the Metaverse for children to explore, learn, and grow, both in a classroom and at home.
- NeuroTrainer, Inc. – Virtual reality brain training company that helps regain focus in an increasingly distracted world.
- Snickerdoodle Labs – Uses blockchain to create an agnostic data sharing layer that allows individuals to control and even monetize their personal data through a tokenized data architecture.
- swIDch – Provides next-generation secure authentication for every digital identity environment, even off-net.
- Xplorit Virtual Travel – Real-world metaverse platform that delivers experiential virtual travel and immersive storytelling experiences.
- YBVR – Virtual reality technology that brings the emotions of live events closer to fans through personalized, immersive and interactive experiences.
- BeChained Artificial Intelligence Technologies SL – Intelligent energy platform to reduce production energy costs and decarbonize the energy system.
- Driivz – Global electric vehicle charging and power management software platform provider.
- DUCKT – Universal charging infrastructure solution dedicated to micromobility vehicles: bicycles, e-bikes and scooters.
- Eatron Technologies – Smart, production-ready software solution for the automotive and mobility industry.
- EVE (Electric Vehicle Ecosystem) – Electric mobility analytics solution to assess, track and improve corporate fleet electrification strategies.
- Faction – A unique approach to driverless technology and light electric vehicles that will have a huge impact on how goods and people are moved.
- I-EMS Group, Ltd. – Provider of software solutions based on AI, blockchain and optimization for smart cities, smart homes and e-mobility
- MET3R – Unique smart charging and energy storage services to bridge the gap between electric mobility and the smart grid to support the decarbonisation of the energy sector.
- SparkCharge – An affordable and convenient way for all-electric vehicle owners to charge their electric vehicles at home or on the go.
- AirSpeQ – Provides sensors for the detection and monitoring of fine and ultrafine airborne particles (PM).
- allt – Brings the world of entertainment and engagement together by connecting apps on phones and home devices to movies, shows and music.
- Chefling – State-of-the-art smart kitchen solution for planning, shopping and cooking for smart devices and connected health apps.
- Everykey – Universal smart key that unlocks phones, laptops, tablets, websites and other devices and apps based on proximity.
- Fast Sense H2 – Nano-sized quantitative mixed gas sensor and analyzer for industrial, environmental and safety applications.
- Food Haven – Online platform dedicated to reducing food waste by partnering with local food businesses to sell excess food at discounted prices.
- Roving Blue – Develops products featuring Power of EO3®, a new way to dissolve ozone in water, to kill unwanted microorganisms in water, food and surfaces.
- Tanvas, Inc. – Haptic innovation company pioneering multi-touch surface haptic technologies for automotive, industrial and consumer electronics.
Innovate to impact
- A.kin AI – Virtual assistant technology to support activities of daily living for people living with disabilities and neurodiversity.
- Alteria Automation Smart Sensor – Advanced IoT technology that monitors air quality by providing cloud-based traceability and automated actions to building management systems.
- Digbi Health – Gut Microbiome, genetics-based virtual care platform to equitably treat polychronic mental and physical illnesses.
- Jara – Ensures K-12 students and teachers in low-connectivity/low-electricity communities around the world can access remote learning anytime, anywhere through Unity Jara, an award-winning educational off-grid charging solution.
- Hygge Power – Ensures everyone is comfortably powered with clean, reliable power through proprietary software that accelerates the decarbonization of electricity and empowers tenants, homeowners and businesses.
- Sanctuary – Creates technology applications for enabled experiential environments.
- Sovrinti – Provides machine learning-based activity change detection for healthy aging and person-centered care in the comfort and privacy of home.