Mark your calendars for May Safe Kids events | neighborhood supplement
Safe Kids Lincoln-Lancaster County has scheduled several free events in May focused on child safety. Safe Kids at the local, state and national level is a go-to resource for families for information and resources to help protect children from injury.
• Child safe blast – Wednesday, May 4, 5-7 p.m., Pentzer Park, N. 27th and Potter street. This family event includes safety demonstrations, music, food and face painting.
• Safe Kids Week – May 8-14: Learn simple steps to keep your kids safe during a week focused on helpful information and resources related to bike safety, child passenger safety, home safety, water safety and sleep safety. Check out Safe Kids posts on Facebook or Twitter.
• Safe Kids Bike Safety Event – Tuesday, May 17, 5-8 p.m., Southpointe Lodges, 2910 Pine Lake Road: This family-friendly cycling event for riders ages 5-11 features bike and helmet safety checks, bike rodeo activities , food, free gifts and more.
People also read…
• Free Car Seat Checks – Caregivers can work one-on-one with a Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician to ensure their child’s car seat is properly installed. For dates in May, visit safekidslincoln.org. Appointments are required and can be made by calling 402-441-8045.
The Lincoln-Lancaster County Department of Health is the lead agency for Safe Kids of Lincoln-Lancaster County. Safe Kids partners with more than 70 local and state organizations to help prevent childhood injuries through the work of the coalition. The coalition has six working groups that address priority injury areas, including child passenger safety, pedestrian and cyclist safety, fire and burn prevention, water safety, home safety and injury prevention. sports injuries.
For more spring and summer safety tips, visit:
• Safe Kids Lincoln-Lancaster County: safekidslincoln.org
• Safe Kids Nebraska: safekidsnebraska.org
• Safe Kids worldwide: safekids.org