Outdoor Events in the Colorado Springs Area Starting May 30 | Events Calendars
Outdoor Events Cycling Series — Go online for prices. Registration: events.outsideonline.com.
• Sunrise to sunset, Saturday, Philip S. Miller Park, Castle Rock
• Elephant Rock, Sunday, Douglas County Fairgrounds, Castle Rock.
Ride of the Rockies – Starts June 11 at Cooper Mountain and ends June 17 at Golden, go online for prices. Registration: ridetherockies.com.
COTREX – The official Colorado Trails app; trails.colorado.gov.
Rocky Mountain Trails — Information on more than 70 hikes; rockymountainhikingtrails.com.
Bear Creek Nature Center — 245 Bear Creek Road. Registration: 719-520-6387; communityservices.elpasoco.com/nature-centers.
• Paint Mines Night Sky and Milky Way Photography Workshop, Thursday through Friday, $300.
Fountain Creek Nature Center — 320 Peppergrass Lane, Fountain. Registration: 719-520-6745; communityservices.elpasoco.com/nature-centers.
• Nature Adventures: Bugs for Lunch, for 3-6 year olds with an adult, 9am to 10.30am Thursday to Friday.
• Nature Camp: Colorado Endangered Animals, for grades 1 to 5, 9 am to 3 pm, June 6 to 10, $140 to $150.
Colorado Birdwatching Trail — Coloradobirdingtrail.com lists places to watch birds and wildlife.
Colorado Wolf and Wildlife Center — 4729 Twin Rocks Road, Division. Limited tours available. Registration: 719-687-9742, wolfeducation.org.
Rock Ledge Ranch Historic Site — 3106 Gateway Road. Living history programs available with tours, demonstrations and hands-on activities. Admission from $3 to $8. Tickets: rockledgeranch.com.
Animas River Days — River surfing, inflatable rodeos, stand-up paddle board racing and more, Durango; animasriverdays.com.
Enjoy the day outdoors — With kayaking, fishing, archery and more, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Prospect Lake in Memorial Park; tinyurl.com/nhkw9frk.
Colorado Parks and Wildlife – Registration: tinyurl.com/2mp445n4.
• Novice Pheasant Hunter, 6:45 a.m.-noon or 11:45 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday, Barr Lake State Park.
Fountain Creek Nature Center — 320 Peppergrass Lane, Fountain. Register, 719-520-6745, communityservices.elpasoco.com/nature-centers.
• Junior aide-de-camp training, for ages 14 and up, from 6 to 8 p.m. on Thursdays. Application and interview required. Email for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Huck Finn Day — Free fishing, Fairplay; fairplayco.us/events.html.
let’s go camping — Beginner campers can learn the basics, Bear Creek Lake Park, Morrison, $3. Registration: 303-697-6157, tinyurl.com/4zwyxkfx.
Jack Quinn’s Running Club — 5K, 5:15-7 p.m. Tuesdays, Jack Quinn Irish Pub, 21 S. Tejon St.; jackquinnsrunners.com.
Pikes Peak Road Runners — Go online for events: pprrun.org.
Aiden’s Adventure 5K — Benefiting the Catamount Institute and Care and Share of Southern Colorado, 10 a.m. to 12:45 p.m., Fountain Creek Regional Park, 2010 Duckwood Road, Fountain, $35. Registration: aidensadventure5k.com.
ring the springs — 100 miles or 50 miles around Colorado Springs. Go online for prices. Registration: aravaiparunning.com/network/ringthesprings.
Many state parks are looking for volunteers. For more information, visit tinyurl.com/y9qafa2o.
Ads are published according to available space. Information by e-mail at least two weeks in advance: email@example.com.